Sunday walk IV


It's a glorious day, not too hot with clear blue skies. Like a warm spring day in Europe, just perfect for a walk. Once again it is the grasshopper on the tennis court that greets me first as I head out.

Kingfisher seen through the blur of a tree branch

I miss a golden opportunity today for the perfect kingfisher shot. The kingfisher flies towards me and on seeing me does a handbrake turn. I shoot but my camera is switched off and by the time I have rectified the situation the kingfisher is already heading away. Damn. Still I do get a series of photos as it escapes. This time it is clear to see that it is a kingfisher and not just a blue streak. In fact as the walk progresses I am presented with several more opportunities but miss them all. However I think today was the first time that I have seen a kingfisher clearly. So maybe like the egret shots, better is yet to come.


Some strange lizard-like creature does its best to hide from my camera.

I also see another large bird that I am unable to identify. It was possibly a night heron being grey with bright yellow feet and slightly smaller than an egret.




Comments

Popular Posts