Sunday


Not so much of a walk today, more a wander around the campus. It's grey and wet so I don my jacket but it's still 20+C and soon I feel too warm. The 'winter' weather does nothing to deter the butterflies or flowers and some plants even have new green shoots.


It is not the first time that I have come across flowerpot men and I wonder if the idea for the British children's TV program of the 50s-60s originated from some east Asian tradition.


A rather passive night heron slinks away without even a flap of the wings, feeling I suspect rather like me, lethargic. Note the tiled building facades in the above photos, this is very common here and makes it feel like you are permanently wandering around in a bathroom.


Orchids have been placed outside, which makes me wonder if the Taiwanese consider winter is over now.


A starfruit lies on the ground, one of many ripe for eating.




Comments

Popular Posts