Lizard


It's a warm sunny Sunday so time for a walk. In my continued attempt to photograph a small blue-tailed gecko (or maybe it's a lizard) I came across this lizard, which had come out of its hiding place to catch the morning sun. The small blue-tailed lizards (or geckos) are comparable to kingfishers in that all you ever see is a flash of blue/turquoise before they disappear into the undergrowth. Frequently seen but as yet never photographed, if I succeed I'll post an update here, so watch this space. Today I do see a number of the larger black butterflies so they will no doubt be featuring on the blog soon. Past examples can be seen on the old blog.

Update: Blue-tailed Skink is apparently the lizard/gecko I am pursuing.

Update II. Blue-tailed Skink captured. (see blog post 080413)






Comments

Popular Posts