Plum rain season

It's a muggy day with rain on the way. The plum rain season begins tomorrow, which heralds high humidity and rising temperatures making walking anywhere increasingly unpleasant. So I take a short walk today while I still can. The Cicadas have also arrived with their noisy songs that can occasionally be so loud that it's almost impossible to hear your own voice.


A lucky snap of a Blue-Tailed Skink, which I spotted but was nowhere to be seen by the time I had leveled my camera. Always a pleasant surprise to find something in the photo that you had thought you had missed.


Some sort of dragonfly rests on a fallen tree branch.


The big black butterflies are appearing more frequently now and it is not the first time this butterfly has appeared on the blog. However I am still unable to identify it.










Comments

Popular Posts