Cobweb alley II


Cicadas are strange looking creatures and very noisy but thankfully pretty harmless.


Another struggle down 'Cobweb alley' that tops last Sunday's walk. Concentrating on photography is almost impossible as I wrestle my way through invisible cobwebs. Angry mosquitoes buzz me and dispersing cicadas bump into me as they flee on mass from the trees I pass. I remembered to cover my arms with Tiger Balm this week but I still feel like I am being bitten all over. It's dry, not too hot or humid but soon after starting out my trousers are soaking wet from wading through tall dew covered grass. 

There must be at least a 5-fold increase in the variety of butterflies this week, but due to the demands of Cobweb alley the most interesting ones elude my camera. Noisy Cicadas cover the trees in their thousands and all being identical makes choosing one to photograph an easy task. As I disturb them they take flight, heading off in every direction, some whizzing past me sounding like mini helicopters.


Cicadas everywhere.


Frog in a bog, often heard but rarely seen.


... and butterflies


Mating ...


This back to front looking butterfly is maybe designed to confuse its enemy.


I've seen some butterflies feeding on dead snails so they are not just delicate pollinators.


Dew on this leaf adds to its butterfly wing appearance.












Comments

Popular Posts