Out back




Walking is challenging today as the temperature reaches 30 degrees and the outback becomes increasingly more jungle-like. I abandoned my flip-flops just in case I should unwittingly tread on a snake in the long grass – a few weeks ago I narrowly missed photographing an enormous one. Battling through cobwebs along the way with arms flailing, while invisible insects bite any exposed skin, I need 360 degree vision to fend off various attacks. The trees are full of noisy cicadas but could I find just one to photograph. No! Yet they keep me awake all night with their loud screeching. Up above Eagles cry out as they glide on thermals rising from the valley and below butterflies and insects are in abundance. I return with my shirt soaked with perspiration yet it did not feel so humid despite recent heavy downpours.


Serpent eagle 


Errm ...

Cricket
Caterpillar

Another attempt at photographing this orange tipped butterfly...


Orchids and a bizarre tree.











Comments

Popular Posts