Liouhe night market


Kaohsiung continued ... The colourful Formosa Boulevard MRT station included a singing choir when I visited, which made for a unique experience. A busker or two you might expect in an underground station, but a choir ... and they really sang beautiful songs in perfect harmony. The night market can be found just around the corner from exit 11.


Living in Taiwan means visiting night markets now and then and by now I have seen quite a few. This one was without doubt the best I had come across so far with excellent seafood and it was not too crowded. Enthusiastic about finding a night market that I liked I mentioned this to an old gentleman who asked me where I was from. He scathingly commented on my remark that night markets are for tourists and by that I think he meant mainly the Chinese and me.


Pic-n-mix-n-cook on the spot, typical night market food.


Seafood stall where I stopped for a snack (1/2 crayfish tail) and a beer


Bird's eye view




Comments

Popular Posts