Sunday walk


Strolling through the forest today I was lucky to see this XXL spider before walking into its web that was stretched across the pathway. This spider was twice the size of Boris and not one that I would like to see roaming around in my flat. On the 5 km, 2 hour walk I saw a wealth of insects, birds and pond life, here is just a snapshot of what I saw ...

Top, a small gecko and tiny blue butterflies hardly bigger than 1 cm across.

Below, various dragonflies and some sort of moth


As ever you are guaranteed the sight of an egret but they still very difficult to capture in a photo.


The small streams and ponds were teaming with fish and also this snake which I managed to photograph. I also caught a fleeting glimpse of two kingfishers and a very large lizard but they were just to quick for my camera.





Comments

Popular Posts