Sunday walk III


It's a muggy day and almost too hot for walking. When I stop to retrieve my camera from my bag this grasshopper lands in front of me on the tennis courts as if on cue for a photo portrait. So I do my best to capture his best side.


Meanwhile the rest of the walk turns out to be a case of UFOs as this bird along with the rest are unknown to me, but with tail feathers like that it must be a bird of paradise. Maybe a Taiwan blue magpie.


Once again there are plenty of egrets around today but this bird leaves me baffled. It could be some sort of heron or maybe an immature egret.


Close-up the brown feathers suggest it may be a young egret.


Actually no, here it looks more like a heron. I shall have to Google it ...
moments later ... Well it may be an immature Reddish egret ...


This tiny bird was about the size of a wren and part of a group. It had a red finch-like bill and red streak through its eye. The photos today leave something to be desired but then there are always good and bad days.

...and one egret for good measure.









Comments

Popular Posts