New Years Eve (Spring)

It's a beautiful warm day if rather muggy for the time of year. Visibility is poor though and there has been little rain recently so I wonder if the haze could be due to pollution wafting over from China. Whatever, it feels like Spring today as there is plenty of wildlife activity and a variety of insects to be seen.


Wow ... I see and photograph my first eagle. This Crested Serpent Eagle was only yards away from me as it took flight. We surprised each other, but by the time I had leveled my camera it was already well up in the air and a hundred yards away ...

... meanwhile this Night Heron, which was hiding in the bushes, remained stock still in true Zen fashion as it soaked up sunlight filtering through a gap in the vegetation. 

I counted at least 5 different types of butterflies but these above were the most common.





Once again my Nikon captures an insect in flight using the 'high-speed tracking' mode. This time it's a dragonfly and a sure sign of Spring.

Textures 


Smog or fog ?



Recently this blog has become a bit of a nature blog. Sorry about that!




Comments

Popular Posts